On Wed, 1 Aug 2007, Larry wrote:

L >I saw then in the web news.  Terrible.  I'm sure
L >there'll be an investigation.
L >
L >--- Jim Hall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

It is good to hear you are OK.

Jim I that is scarey and you are not in an earthquake zone.

when the freeway collapsed in Oakland CA during the Loma Prieata quake at
least there was a cause you could look to. (Turned out there was errors
in the construction  - the horizontal spans were not anchored to the piers
properly - so it was corruption in construction as well as the quake.

It is always terrifying for such things to happen.

There are a couple of freeway sections around Baltimore that make me very
nervous - concrete spagetti in the sky.

Here is a link to a CNN article for others on the list,

CNN is reporting 3 confirmed dead, estimated 50 cars in the water.

in L >
L >> Hi everyone,
L >>
L >> Many of you probably know that I live in St Paul, MN
L >> and work in
L >> Minneapolis. If you aren't aware by now, there was a
L >> terrible bridge
L >> collapse in Minneapolis tonight, during
L >> bumper-to-bumper rush hour.
L >> This was right outside my office building. But
L >> obviously I'm ok.
L >> Thought I should let you guys know.
L >>
L >> My thoughts go out to anyone affected by this.
L >>
L >> -jh
L >>
L >>
L >-------------------------------------------------------------------------
L >> This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc.
L >> Still grepping through log files to find problems?
L >> Stop.
L >> Now Search log events and configuration files using
L >> AJAX and a browser.
L >> Download your FREE copy of Splunk now >>
L >> http://get.splunk.com/
L >> _______________________________________________
L >> Freedos-user mailing list
L >> Freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net
L >>
L >https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freedos-user
L >>
L >
L >
L >
L >
L >Still grepping through log files to find problems?  Stop.
L >Now Search log events and configuration files using AJAX and a browser.
L >Download your FREE copy of Splunk now >>  http://get.splunk.com/
L >Freedos-user mailing list
L >Freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net
L >

                       Bonnie Dalzell, MA
mail:5100 Hydes Rd ---- Hydes MD USA 21082-----EMAIL:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

freelance anatomist, vertebrate paleontologist, writer, illustrator, dog

Editor Net.Pet Online Animal Magazine  - http://www.netpetmagazine.com
HOME http://www.qis.net/~borzoi/          BUSINESS http://www.batw.com