On Friday 31 August 2007 18:20, Rikard Lang wrote:
> (...) save it as SVG from the Gimp which is the software I am using.

Nice to see you're running Linux too ;-)

> only save the file in different bitmapped versions, gif, png, jpeg
> etc.

It's normal. Gimp is a raster-format editor, it can't handle vector images,
just import then to raster-based images.

> If you have any idea of another software I can use I'd be happy
> to create the glossy version and export it as a SVG.

Of course. The main two vector (SVG-enabled) software for Linux are Inkscape
(the one which I prefer, and which I am using), and Karbon.

You will find the last Inkscape version at http://www.inkscape.org.

Best regards,
Mateusz Viste