Many thanks, I will give this a try.

A reply from Di
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of MegaBrutal
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2007 4:15 PM
To: freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Freedos-user] XCOPY still acting up in Windows XP !!??(copying
to external hard drive)

Hi LimeyDi,

> Notice that in an attempt to figure this out I inserted underscores
> between folder name words, but with or without these, I get either
> "too many parameters" or "invalid path".  A colleague suggested
> inserting ~ after the 7th letter of a folder name (Backup\My_Docu~\ for
example) but that doesn't
> work either.  Any bright ideas???   and thank you!

Parameters that contain long file names with spaces, should be indicated
with quotation marks:
XCOPY "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\*.*"
"I:\Backup\My Documents\*.*" /s /h /d /r /y

That should work.

Regards,
MegaBrutal