Hi Japheth,

> > Hi, I just double-checked my own EMM problem:
> > With my PCIe GeForce 7600 VGA, both with the
> > classic FD EMM386 and with JEMM386, I get a
> > page fault when attempting to use VESA VBE
> > 2.0/3.0 LFB framebuffer access to graphics.
>
> Please explain in more detail how you come to think
> that this is a Jemm problem. The only way Jemm might
> be involved is if you try to access the framebuffer
> via Int 15h, ah=87h. Then hopefully you didn't set
> the NOCHECK option!?

No, the crashing program just uses a DOS extender for
direct framebuffer access. I think it would be good
to either keep the framebuffer mapped or to catch the
page faults and add mapping on the fly. I think the
FD EMM386 had an option to do this, for MMIO, but was
later changed to keep reserved areas mapped, but maybe
I just remember wrong. But as said, without special
options, BOTH FD EMM386 AND JEMM386 crash the program.

> > The page fault address is c000nnnn, which
> > matches the Linux idea of the memory map
> > shown below. Please let me know how I can
> > send you a dump of the various int 15 mem
> > maps by email (off-list). I assume Linux
> > uses int 15, PCI config space, and ACPI to
> > generate the /proc/iomem memory map...?
>
> Is this a FreeDOS related question?

Of course it is. I ask you how I can create a text
file which tells me and you what the BIOS says
about the locations of areas like the framebuffer,
because I can only cut and paste the text from
Linux, and Linux does know the correct framebuffer
location, but it can have used various information
sources beyond the BIOS int 15 for that, while a
normal *EMM386 only uses int 15 and a decent BIOS
should give all necessary information via int 15.

Eric