Hey,

I am not aware of your whole configuration and partitions but maybe this
helps already.

grub legacy (and therefore also grub4dos) has a function called map.
With map you can virtually exchange partitions and harddisks. So it
could be easy to fix the mess with the drive letters.

See
http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/html_node/map.html

-mr