Godefroid Chapelle schrieb:
> Michael Reichenbach wrote:
>> Godefroid Chapelle schrieb:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am trying to setup Win 95 from FreeDOS.
>>>
>>> I boot from freedos standard. Then load the cdrom driver. Ok :-)
>>>
>>> If I try to run install.exe for win95, it complains about high memory
>>> support being incompatible.
>>>
>>> Are there any known workarounds ?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>> Unfortunately FreeDOS does not support Win9x.
>>
>> -mr
>
> Would you have a hint of another system that would allow to install
> Win95 from CD without owning DOS on floppies ?

You need a Win95 boot floppy with CD-ROM drivers. (you find them
hopefully still on the net)

What devices you can boot from? CD-ROM? USB?

If you can not boot from floppy because you do not own a floppy then
there is a workarround, a bit tricky... You can boot (CD-ROM or USB)
from grub and then use memdisk. Or you boot from grub4dos and then use
floppy emulation.

Both ways would emulate a boot floppy. Fine enough for installing Win9x.

It`s also possible to install MS-DOS on USB pendrive or harddrive.
Instructions also online.

-mr