Betreff: [Freedos-user] netware + freedos
Datum: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 10:51:25 -0700 (PDT)
Von: Mutant Mut <po4tam...@yahoo.com>
Antwort an: po4tam...@yahoo.com, freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net
An: freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net

Hi All

     Congrats me !!! I found descision =)

     What we have:

            Server: OpenSuse 10.2 with MarsNwe-0.99.pl20-584

            Client: FreeDOS 1.0 kernel build 2036 with 16-bit nwclient
v4.13

     We need: to read/write and RUN applications on the mapped (in
Freedos) netware volume

     Descision:

     In early experiments i used vlm.exe, but now i use NETX.EXE and it
works - user can do all manipulations now(i had executing problems).

     Content of my bat-file with comments for clients :

     LSL.COM        -Novell Link Support Layer for DOS ODI v 2.20

     NIC DRIVER     -Nic Driver For Your Network Card

     IPXODI.COM     -Netware IPX/SPX Protocol With Mobile Support v3.03

     NETX.EXE       -Netware Workstation Shell v3.32

     LOGIN.EXE      -General tool for gain access to the network;

     And i setted VERSION=6.20 in fdconfig.sys because without this
setting NETX.EXE says: "Shell-332-29: Shell requires DOS v3.X through
v6.X"

     Also i use JemmEx.exe from japneth.de (it was advised by Eric Auer.
Thank You Man.) instead of Himem.exe . it works more stable in many
cases than himem.exe but not perfect and sometimes falls with errors
,so user can only restart pc for exiting from this:/

     Thanks for atention and help =)

     p.s. also it was posted in F.A.Q on www.Freedos.org

Bye