> PS: What does all that tell us about compressed FS...?

I'm a gentle and polite person, so I will try to answer your question, just in
case you asked me: it probably tells us nothing about compressed FS.

However, if someone decides to reply to your extraordinary brief posts then
it's virtually inevitable to be off-topic here and there.

I'll have to admit that there was a tiny slice of irony in my last reply.
After all, I was surprised that - in your reply to Robert - you did suggest
that there should be no development of FreeDOS in any direction which makes it
more similar to Linux. I said "I was surprised" because I wasn't aware that
such a restriction - let's call it "Auer-Law" - exists and is to comply with.
Could you please tell us more?