Hi!

Recently I did expand my computer from 1 GB to 2 GB of RAM. Finally I
checked that it's running well with Memtest86+ V2.11. I am also pretty
sure that the harddisk can not be the problem as it's a mobile disk and
working on other configurations ok.

For now I found two strange behavior.

At minimal configuration, just with himem and emm386.
DEVICE=C:\FDOS\BIN\HIMEM.EXE
DEVICE=C:\FDOS\BIN\EMM386.EXE

FreeDOS KEZB 2.0 (pre4)
Critical error: cannot allocate memory. DOS reported error: 8

Setting the RAM to use only a reasonable maximum did not help.
DEVICE=C:\FDOS\BIN\HIMEM.EXE /MAX=30000
DEVICE=C:\FDOS\BIN\EMM386.EXE MAX=30000

DEVICE=C:\FDOS\BIN\HIMEM.EXE /MAX=30000 /TESTMEM:ON
DEVICE=C:\FDOS\BIN\EMM386.EXE MAX=30000 NOEMS
When using NOEMS the bug did not appear. (But therefore still others,
crashing extenders and such.)

The next strange thing is that I couldn't get ctmouse 1.8 and 1.9 to
work for
normally good applications such as FreeEDIT. It was working before well.

To locate the bug I used minimal configuration files. When using
shell=c:\fdos\bin\command.com /E:4096 the bug appears (was working
before!), when using shell=c:\fdos\bin\command.com mouse will work again.

I would like to prefer to continue to use /E:4096 and also to get the
keyb/memory problems fixed.

regards,
-mr