On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 5:36 PM, Michael Reichenbach
<michael_reichenb...@freenet.de> wrote:
> The new and up to date and linked on freedos.org wiki seams to be
> http://apps.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/freedos/index.php?title=Main_Page.
>
> While when I google for "freedos wiki" I still find
> http://wiki.fdos.org/. Can the old wiki be linked on freedos.org? It
> still contains some informations. What's the plan with it?

The "old wiki" is linked as "Developer wiki" on www.freedos.org, so
it's still there. (The link to the main FreeDOS Wiki is in the orange
bar at top.)

I once had a plan to consolidate all our different FreeDOS wiki
content into the main FreeDOS Wiki hosted at SourceForge, since I had
already migrated all the content from the FD-DOC wiki. But obviously I
ran out of time & energy to work on further consolidation, and I'm
stepping out of the project in May. (Won't get done before then.)

I think it would be a good idea for someone to work on this,
consolidating content from wiki.fdos.org into the main FreeDOS Wiki.

We still have the problem that SourceForge has the Wiki locked down at
the system level, so that you have to authorize people as "Editors"
before they can create & edit content - even though I have the
permissions "wide open" at the local level. SourceForge does this to
prevent spammers from flooding wikis with ads - Eric sometimes had to
restore the FD-DOC content because of similar spammer problems.

I had opened a ticket for this, and SF promoted it to a Request for
Enhancement. Others at SF have voted on it (i.e. agreed with it) so I
can have some hope that SF will eventually allow individual projects
to mark their wikis as "editable by anyone".

-jh