Hi people!

So far, we have always used packaging sources and binaries differently (that
is, in separate packages, like memx.zip and mems.zip). I am trying to put some
effort these days into syncing some packages to make them ready for v1.1, and I
have to tell that handling sources and binaries in different ways is a big pain.
Besides that, the "source" package doesn't contain its own LSM file, which
makes its hard (or at least unreliable) to keep track of what source is
installed in what version.

Therefore, I am proposing to drop the "sources / binaries" way of thinking, and
stay with one package per program. For example, a "mem.zip" package would
contain both sources and binaries. It would allow me to work much faster on
packaging, and hopefully could lead to a v1.1 sooner.

Some reasons to do that (quotes from Eric):
- it is easy to delete /source/mem/* to keep only binaries,
- it is not really allowed with GNU GPL License to publish binaries without
sources anyway,
- it can be hard for people to find exactly the right version of the sources
manually later, so it is best to include them,
- it makes life easier for installing and you can always drop the sources after
installing.

Please tell me what are your opinions in that matter.

Best regards,
Mateusz Viste
--
You'll find my public OpenPGP key at http://www.viste-family.net/mateusz/pub_key