On Wednesday 08 April 2009 23:23 (CEST), Eric Auer wrote:
> You could either package the files into zips to make sure their
> timestamps are set by unzip or you could fix your web server ;-)

Hi,

I am not talking about timestamps inside zips (these are usually preserved),
but about timestamps of the transaltions files, downloadable from my website.
HTTP doesn't provide any real way to tell "this file's has been created the 3rd
may 2003". You won't hop it.
My server is giving you a "Last-Modified" time, which is already an optional
HTTP header, but Firefox isn't using it to store the downloaded file anyway.
In any case, I don't think that basing anything on file's timestamp is a good
idea. These timestamps may change / be overwrited / falsed for many reasons.

See you,
Mateusz
--
You'll find my public OpenPGP key at http://www.viste-family.net/mateusz/pub_key