>> I picked up a packet driver for the D845PEBT2 built in nic, but
>> whether it's wget or lynx, trying to execute the application simply
>> causes the computer to reset.

don't use EMM386

>> Microsoft client is what I need, but there are no free ndis
>> drivers for my built in Intel nic.

> Does msclient need ndis? I believe there are wrappers which
> turn ndis or odi drivers into packet drivers or the other
> way round...
seems you have no idea about msclient or ndis.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/detail_desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=4239
(prodos.exe) should support your board.

>> Would someone pretty please replace Microsoft client with
>> something that works with crynwr style packet drivers?
currently there are many more ndis drivers then packet drivers
available; though it's possible to turn a ndis driver into a packet driver

Tom