Maybe someone knows why if I do "system("c.bat");" from a c++ program, and
'c.bat' does a 'copy' command, it works right, and control returns to the
c++ program; but if the bat does an 'xcopy' command, the command executes
properly,
but does not return to the c++ program, and in fact hangs. I then have to do
'ctrl-alt-delete' , etc.The bat file works fine from the command line. I
have noticed this in the XP ntvdm "dosbox", though have not yet tried it in
a real dos(freedos)
environment. I wonder if I can cure this by embedding the xcopy in a second
bat and 'calling' it as a subroutine. Is this behaviour normal?. kurt
wb2...@gmail.com.