> >>Ahhh... 17-18Y ago, DOS memory optimisation by hand was one of my
> >>particular tricks. I was quite the expert. Completely obsolete skill
> >>now, though.

Why use qemm86? Doesn't freedos have a newer/better **emm86?
JEMM386

People where i work have already tried to optimize memory for the
project I've mentioned- and that's how we got to 462K :-)
EMM386 (MSDOS) hangs when I load it- dont know why.

If I can load more stuff high using Freedos & all its memory
management then that's a better solution.
I need to hear from the Freedos netowrk driver wizards.

thanks