Hello fabrizo,
 This  just came in today, in my e-mail, not sure why the delay, but
any way,
 When I first installed free dos, mostly because I had no clue as to
what I was doing, I had a fair amount pf problems,...now it has been
so long ago, that I am not sure how much I remember, but am willing to
help if I can, Below is correct, to boot from a partition, it needs to
be set active, and it must be a primary partition, you can have
several primary partitions, includeing, a partition dedicated to
Windows,...it all is a little , complicated at first, but once you
get it worked , not really,... on my website, I explain some as to
what I did, also Eric Auer, was helpful, to me,....you may have gotten
this worked out, since there was such a delay on my recieveing the
freedos-user,lists or letters, feel free to email, me....or if you
want post the :
http://msbasicqbasicbeginners.lefora.com
 This is my forum, allthough I say Qbasic, it also is intended for
freedos, and any Dos, users...not very active, but I get notified,
when there is a post, and also check daily,....
A forum for learning Basic,Qbasic and more. In a nut shell, I am
willing to help anyway I can, I would need to know more details,
before I can really say, much,...but also, you need to have some sort
of bootmanager, installed,...because, if you disactivate you windows
partition, and activate your FreeDos partition, you can get into
trouble, when yu try to switch back and boot with windows, I use XOSL,
others use FDISK, some use GrubFordos,...there are some good detailed
documenst on this, but I can't remember at the moment the links,...
See bottom, below,cont.