On 24 pin Epson printers, you can print graphics as fast as printing
text. there is a special mode where consecutive high definition dots
cannot be on, which is the text mode printing trick...

But I believe that even if you use the more universal mode, it will be
fast enough, specially if compared with the alternative which is no mode
at all...

It woul be best if you could devise a method to automaticaly translate
the screen bitmaps do printer bitmaps...

Alain