Hi Jack Ellis and others,

I also have a couple of questions about UIDE.

Question 1.

    Can we continue using the /PM switch with the new release of
    UIDE?

    The reason I'm asking is that new README.TXT file does not
    mention it anymore (except in the Revision Summary).

Question 2.

    Readme.Txt says "Power-saving features such as a 'drive
    spin-down timeout' should be DISABLED".

    My setup (AMIBIOS Version 2.5, 1997) does not have a feature
    with that specific name, but it does have:

        Hard Disk Time Out

    Is that what I should disable? If so, does this mean that
    the hard disk must keep running all the time if UIDE is used?

    The setup also has the following:

        Hard Disk Power Down Mode
        Standby Time Out
        Suspend Time Out

    Are these three also involved?

Currently my pertinent FDCONFIG.SYS lines are:

    BUFFERS=4                   ; (Recommended by Jack Ellis)
    devicehigh=C:\FDOS\UIDE\uide.sys /S40

Thanks,

Marcos