Op 18-5-2011 19:12, Preethi S. schreef:

Hi,

I need to create 40 MB disk space using tdsk.exe. I can able to create lesser space than this.

Is there any way to accomplish this or is there any other tool? Any help is appreciated.

In what situation do you want to create space? If working with non-writeable or non-detected storage, the most convenient way is using a RamDisk, which marks a memory area as a storage disc until you unload the driver or reboot your system (because memory loses contents on reboot). Your suggested TDSK works, but also SRDISK, XMSDSK or SHSURDRV, make sure to load an XMS driver like HIMEM or XMGR first.

* For conventional memory as ramdisk, I think only TDSK can do it. If anyone knows any other program, I'd be interested. Size limited to about 600 kilobytes for obvious reasons
* For extended memory (XMS) as ramdisk, all above drivers work
* For expanded memory as ramdisk, no idea. Don't see the point as last 20 years EMS has been emulated by using XMS

I'd suggest using SHSURDRV by Jason Hood.

Thanks,
S. Preethi.

http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-dev2devmay