Where do I find your USB drivers Bret  and any information on how to use them ?

________________________________
From: Bret Johnson <bretj...@juno.com>
To: freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2011 3:25 PM
Subject: Re: [Freedos-user] sys.com not executable on Windows 7 64bit

> I'm retired and I fool around with lots of hardware, some of which
> is nothing more then a motherboard, a keyboard and a lcd. Virtually
> all motherboards come with a USB. Also when I have to deal with a
> broken disk Spinrite is great but not if you can't boot it. Some
> claim it will run great from a fob, but I have not been able to
> figure out a way to boot it on a fob. Gone are the happy days when I
> could key a bootloader into the console of a PDP-11, actually to
> read a paper tape in and boot something else :))
>
> Spinrite has an option to create a bootable floppy but it won't work
> on a device it thinks is not removable and for whatever reason it
> thinks all fobs are not removable, haven't looked into that. I
> figure if I can boot freedos I should be able to turn around and run
> Spinrite from that.

Using my USB drivers, it is possible to make a bootable USB disk or manipulate
partitions just using standard DOS tools (FORMAT, FDISK, SYS, etc.).  You don't
necessarily need Windows or *nix to do that.  The drivers still have a long
ways to go before they're really "good", but can be useful even in their
current limited state.