On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 12:33 AM, Garry Ricketson
<garryricket...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Dennis,
>  When I installed FreeDos, to a new partition, for it, all I did was after
> it was installed,
> at the Linux command line I typed:
> sudo update-grub
>  And FreeDos was added to the boot list,..boots fine I see you have also
> tried replaceing
> KERNEL.SYS. with a new kernal,...don't know much about that,,..

Already did that, multiple times, and fiddled with the generated Grub menu.

>  I am useing LinuxMint 10 (juliet), don't know if that matters much, but it
> is worth a try,,

Mint is a Ubuntu derivate, and things should be the same for any
distro using Grub2.

> useing the  sudo update-grub on the command line , no need to fiddle with
> anything, it all was done automaticly,...maybe I just got lucky!,... You

As I said, this *used* to work.  I have a suspiscion I'm missing
something simple/stupid, and I'll pound my head on the desk when I
find out what.

> might also want to try, first back up anyfiles in your dos partition that
> are important, and re-install, then try the sudo update-grub  ,first before
> you start "fiddleing", with the config, or the sys kernel,...
>  Any way good luck,,...I don't have the link handy, but useing google, and
> Grub for Dos as the keywords, I stumbled onto the most recent
> instructions,..for,  grubfordos2, which is where I read aout the sudo
> update-grub , option,..

I'm not quite ready to back up, wipe the partition, and redo from
scratch, but getting close.

Thanks for chiming in.

> From Garry
______