with vmplayer it doesn't seem to work...
I'm getting a screenshot like the one attached...
black borders around the prompt screen

I tried a combination of the following options
pref.autoFitGuestToWindow = "FALSE"
pref.autoFitFullScreen = "fitHostToGuest"
pref.autoFit = "TRUE"
no success
may be it doesn't work for VmPlayer