Fellas, tnx; I didn't realize dircmd had been set that way; indeed, the
behaviour occurs in a directory with enough entries to cause paging. Also,
the space or lack of it in the 'dir' does not affect it
at all. However there is still a bit of a mystery:
even with the 'P' enabled, booting from option 3, allows it to *not* page
and run to completion; an additional nuance is that under option 3, the
'copy' in the bat echos to the screen "1 file copied";
however when booting under options 1 or 2, this does not occur, and the 'P'
switch is effective. I even checked that 'dircmd' did not change with boot
option 3. Richard<wb2...@gmail.com>.