> I am trying to use the Joykeys driver included with the FreeDOS 1.0
> distribution to send keystrokes to a program.
> After the driver is installed in memory, everything works until I
> run the program, which does not recognize them.
> After I return to the shell, everything works again.  I have tried
> all three of Joykey's methods , and none of them work. The program I
> am trying to use is the DOS version of ELITE, which may be
> downloaded here:
> http://www.dosgames.com/files/elite.zip

I'm not sure the FreeDOS Forum is the correct place for this thread, since you
can contact me directly (I wrote JOYKEYS).  But, this may be useful for some
other FreeDOS users, so here goes.

Last night I downloaded ELITE and experimented some, and everything seemed to
work fine for me, though I did not test extensively.  I was using a USB gamepad
and my USB drivers, which theoretically should be even less reliable (certainly
more complicated) than using a "real" (game port attached) joystick.

JOYKEYS worked fine for me with ELITE whether I used typing Method 1 or 3
(Method 2 has never worked on any computer I have ever had).  Without more
details, the only thing I can suggest is to make sure you you have the /K
option selected in JOYKEYS -- you must have the /K option selected or the
/Method:# option doesn't mean anything, and ELITE doesn't work unless you have
the /K option selected.