I am looking for wish lists items, bug reports, and ideas for the next
release of mTCP.

The current version is about six months old now. I haven't had too many
bug reports so there has not been a great need to update it. That is
also the release that FreeDOS 1.1 chose to use, so it has seen quite a
wide distribution. (Close to 1,000 downloads were recorded at the
hosting site, and that doesn't count the FreeDOS users.)

The following things are going into the next release already:

- Xmodem and Ymodem file transfers through Telnet
- Misc telnet fixes (new line handling, telnet binary mode, etc.)
- Reduced FTP server memory utilization (30 to 40kb)
- A minor PING fix (the outgoing packet length was too long)
- Additional documentation: a detailed guide to using PPP over serial
(including setting up the Linux gateway)

Here is what might happen depending on how much effort I can put in:

-A first pass at a Gopher client. (Started, but not usable yet)
-LPR (remote printing to network printers using Unix/Linux LPR queues)
- A "setup" style program for configuring the mTCP configuration file
- A diagnostics program to look for packet drivers in memory and report
their details (Started)
- Library routines and a sample program to send email using SMTP
- TCP library - implement Karne's algorithm for timeout and
retransmitting packets

If you have an idea let me know. I can't get to everything, but if the
idea is good it will definitely get priority. Small tweaks to the
existing code are always possible to.

-Mike