On 05/25/2012 08:55 AM, Ralf A. Quint wrote:
At 11:30 PM 5/24/2012, Joe(theWordy)Philbrook wrote:

I don't suppose there is a way to tell FreeDOS to execute something more
slowly???
(Free)DOS runs as fast as the processor you're using allows it too.
And why shouldn't it? ;-)

For slowing down games and such, there are/were a bunch of slow-down
tools around, never used any of those myself though. One programs
name that's kind of stuck in my head in that regard's is "moslo",
another Google search probably will get you into the right direction
for that... ;-)

Ralf

We've been using FDAPM SPEED4 in autoexec.bat on newer systems for some time.

If I remember correctly it was introduced because of processor (P4 3Ghz?) heat issues.

YMMV