Freeware program VFD (virtual floppy drive) seems to be doing quite well
for me at the moment for editing floppy images. The program will not fit on
a floppy but this appears to be a prerequisite.

In fact I am essentially done with my project but still want something I
can throw in a batch file to probe for writeable drive letters so I can
give the user an opportunity to save a game and resume later (like they
used to).

Bruce

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 2:20 PM, Rugxulo <rugx...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>    If you just want to make a bootable .ISO from floppy image, you can
> use MKBISO.
>
> http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/downloads-free-software.htm
>
> You can edit and modify the floppy image file from QEMU (etc). Reading
> and writing to floppy can be done with dd and/or Raread and Rawrite
> (etc).
>

> On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 12:56 PM, kurt godel <wb2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >   So, I suppose you are stuck with the old tedious schemes, though I
> vaguely
> > recall another way
> > to edit an img, but the option to reinsert a modified file might have
> > required the non-freeware option;

 Sent from my meager, humble desktop computer.