Hi,

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 4:35 PM,  <peasth...@shaw.ca> wrote:
> From:   Rugxulo <rugx...@gmail.com>
> Date:   Mon, 26 Nov 2012 18:53:13 -0600
>> Which version would you recommend?
>
> I've used the last "alpha" release since it became available.
> ftp://ftp.ethoberon.ethz.ch/ETHOberon/Native/Update/Alpha/

My minimal attempts previously just weren't successful. Guess I need
to try again. But I did finally get A2Mini.iso to boot under
VirtualBox (after disabling networking and just waiting about 20
secs). Though I have no idea what to do next, and it still seems a bit
unstable.

It seems easier (to me) to just use a hosted compiler atop Linux,
Win32, or DOS. My favorites (at least for very minimal hobbyist
hacking) seem to be Oberon-M, Oxford, XDS, and GPO. Actually, I can
run all of those under FreeDOS (with HXRT and ReactOS MSVCRT.DLL, if
needed)!   ;-)