I think that MSFN has some great support for Win98 - I followed it for
some time a few years back and there are quite a few dedicated
volunteers there who had included USB 2.0 drivers, perfected the various
security updates etc. Plenty of debate there as to the legality of the
unofficial upgrades, but looks like a hassle-free project ideal for your
hardware,
HTH