I tried to chown while it was mounted and the response was "operation
not permitted".  that is why I did it umounted.  can I incorporate the
-o uid=john into the fstab, as I am not performing a separate mount
command., or should I not mount it all in fstab, but use "unix mount
etc." in my autoexec.bat?