I cannot speak for your computer, what you have chosen for sound how you
configure it.
Still I know of two programs that will manage the format, a favorite
mine actually.
first playany,
very small audio player includes .aif as its options.  if you cannot
find it let me know and i can send you a copy.  your card must be findable
though, with your setting up the program with your specific paramadors.
second,
mpxplay
I have used it to play .aif files for the past three of four editions.
The last one in 2012 is a bit buggy from a pure dos dos standpoint, but it can
dot the job.
Karen