Hi,

On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 6:53 PM, Dale E Sterner <sunbeam...@juno.com> wrote:

> Now why doesn't display work for vga.

I don't know.   :-)    As a hopeless end user, I admit to not having
used such things lately.

Aitor Santamaria Merino is official maintainer for (FD) DISPLAY but
presumably still too busy to respond much to inquiries.

http://www.freedos.org/software/?prog=display

I still have it optional in my AUTOEXEC, but I usually just ignore it
(via menu). For the record, what I'm using is this:  "display
con=(ega,,3)"

Anyways, there was actually a similar thread here two weeks ago, so
you may wish to read up on the mail archives so I don't have to repeat
it (mostly comments by local guru Eric Auer):

"[Freedos-user] display-0.13b not know VGA ?"
http://www.mail-archive.com/freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net/msg14946.html

Or, as Mike Brutman suggested, read the (FD, HTML-) Help:

http://help.fdos.org/en/hhstndrd/base/display.htm