You could try using a SATA to IDE adapter in your other machine. That
would probably provide the low-level access to the partition table the
software needs.

Do you know why the old IDE machine is non-functional? If you have the
time to troubleshoot the problem it might be something cheap and easy
to repair and you could restore that machine for purposes like this.

Those are my ideas, good luck.