from Eric Auer:

> As you mention in another mail that this is about wireless network:
> I am not aware of any new drivers for DOS for wireless network USB
> sticks, extension cards or similar. However, you could connect your
> laptop with a short network cable to a small wireless hub or similar.

> Then you have to carry around the hub, but at least you do not have
> to have a long network cable from your laptop to your fixed network.
> DOS drivers for networking via network cable are much easier to find.

> Regards, Eric

Wired Ethernet came long before wireless network, when DOS was much more in use
than now.

But what about the newer Etherrnet chips for which there is no packet driver?

Motherboard is likely to support PXE, might that offer a way to boot FreeDOS
with networking capability on a modern Ethernet chip?

Tom