On 10/06/2014 10:03 PM, Marcos Favero Florence de Barros wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> I understand that the only defrag program that runs on true DOS,
>> meaning not DOS in MS Windows, and that supports FAT32, is the
>> one written for FreeDOS.  I also understand that the most
>> current version is 1.3.2.
>
> Does it really support FAT32?
>
> I thought it didn't.
>
> Marcos
>
> --------------------------------------
> Marcos Fávero Florence de Barros
> Campinas, Brazil

well, ...

I have version 1.3.1 installed.  The current version is 1.3.2.  My
version says that my disk is fine and only does the quick try.  The
other options are grayed out.  There is lots of empty space before the
programs on the defrag image on the screen.  I'm holding out hope for
1.3.2.  I might say that 1.3.1 does not crash, and that drive is fat32,
but as to whether it is really defragging, I don't know.  Unfortunately,
the author doesn't discuss these issues.

As others have said, maybe the answer is to copy all the files to a usb
stick, and then format the hd, reinstall the os, then copy the directory
structure back.

All for my 'neat freak' attitude of defragging.

John