> There is a free XServer and Client for DOS: Nano-X which I ported to DOS:
> https://code.google.com/p/nanox-microwindows-nxlib-fltk-for-dos/

> Since programming on the X11 level is not common today, you rather use
> GTK or Qt, I also ported the FLTK GUI to DOS. This GUI has far more features
> than a single person could implement and can be used as an alternative to
GTK.

> My XFDOS distro is based on FLTK for DOS.

> Georg

Now I think I saw this before and actually installed it on a 4 GB USB 2.0 stick
that subsequently came apart.

I was able to boot FreeDOS and some other things with Syslinux, wish I had
dd'ed to another like USB stick for backup.

I don't think I ever got to use or try out FLTK, don't know what I'd do with it
given FreeDOS's severe limitations on my modern hardware

Prior to FreeDOS, I ran DR-DOS 7.03, now long gone and practically forgotten.

Tom