Hi,

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 12:14 PM, Hans-Christian Koch
<hc.k...@scheerkoch.de> wrote:

> Nevermind my answer. This may work directly from prompt but not from within
> my program. I guess I need to do it in command.com. So can you recommend any
> good documentation on how to compile freecom and maybe which source?

Is this program something you wrote or somebody else? Is it closed
source? Because this is really sounding like some extreme (i.e. not
recommended) workarounds for a flawed design.

You can recompile FreeCOM, but I wouldn't recommend it. I'd suggest
you fix your program (if at all possible). Of course, that may not be
feasible.

The sources on SourceForge for FreeCOM are for old stable 0.82pl3,
which (AFAIK) needs TurboC (or maybe TC++), but I don't know if that
includes Suppl or not. (I haven't tried lately, plus there is no
active maintainer.)

*
https://sourceforge.net/projects/freedos/files/FreeCOM/082pl3%20%28use%20xmsswap%20for%20386%2B%20PC%29/com082pl3.zip/download
*
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/devel/libs/suppl/suppl26a.zip

* http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/20841  (Turbo C 2.01)
* http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/21751  (Turbo C++ 1.01)

I don't see any 0.84pre2 sources on iBiblio in the obvious place
(pointed to by read-only Software List, in "BASE"), but I think I can
find it elsewhere.

* http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/dos/command/
*
https://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/distributions/1.0/pkgs/commands.zip

This one (I assume) already has Suppl inside, but here it is anyways
(just in case):

*
https://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/distributions/1.0/pkgs/suppls.zip

Jeremy once said that the SVN version of FreeCOM compiles with
OpenWatcom and works fine, but I haven't tested it myself.
Nevertheless, here it is, if you really want to recompile:

*
https://sourceforge.net/code-snapshots/svn/f/fr/freedos/svn/freedos-svn-1736-freecom-trunk.zip