Just tried out the new installer using QEMU on Linux, and it works!

For those curious, my command line:
> qemu-system-i386 -m 32M -drive
file=FDI-SLIM.img,if=ide,media=disk,format=raw -drive
file=drivec.img,if=ide,media=disk,format=raw

That sets up FDI-SLIM.img as the C: drive, and drivec.img as the D: drive
.. after the install is complete, I boot with:
> qemu-system-i386 -m 32M -drive
file=drivec.img,if=ide,media=disk,format=raw

And my drivec.img started out as a 100MB empty file:
> qemu-img create drivec.img 100M

The installation only asked for a few inputs, and walked through the rest
of the process for me. I love that it's kept the installation process very
simple. Thanks!

I'll follow up with a separate email with edits/fixes for the install
process.