Your the one who pointed me to MSdos 7.1.
I've noticed a few annoying short coming
for msdos7.1 that FREEDOS doesn't have.
1st it limits the rs232 output to 9600 baud.
Most URATs can go to 115000 which is what I often use.
I use rs232 to print bluetooth from dos.
9600 baud is crawl speed
The other is when I tried to install a sound driver
on my laptop. MSdos7.1 insists that I use windows
to install it so that I can enjoy the windows/dos enperience.
FREEDOS just installs it, no arguments from it.
Other than that MSdos7.1 is very nice.

cheers
DS

Places You'll See
38 Stunning Photos of Norwegian's Biggest, Baddest Cruise Ship
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/571b9b10af5611b105fcfst02duc