Hi,

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 9:24 AM, Rugxulo <rugx...@gmail.com> wrote:

> But indeed, even with IDLEHALT, that doesn't seem to work with FD
> EDIT. Nor does TDE, strangely enough, which uses DJGPP's
> __dpmi_yield(). Even e3-16 is guilty (no surprise there, it's quite
> simplistic).

Just FYI, TDE has keyboard issues under VBox, so it's mostly useless there.

> I also tried ancient Stevie 3.69a (TurboC?) and newer VILE 9.8
> (DJGPP), yet surprisingly both seemed to not hog the host cpu at all.
> Must be a vi thing!  :-P

Actually, upon further look, it seems to only work for those two vi
clones exactly because of IDLEHALT.

Unfortunately, I am not competent enough to hack E3 very well, so my
weak attempts didn't seem to fix the issue there.

(Plus I don't like hardcoded "lines", always stuck at 25. TODO.
Although I did find a 186 instruction, which I consider a bug, so I
quickly fixed that to 8086-friendly, even if that's overall futile.
And I still wonder if WordStar keys are easier / more popular for end
users than vi. Oh well, E3 is much smaller than most editors, that's
for sure.)