On 2017-11-05 01:48, geneb wrote:
On Sat, 4 Nov 2017, userbeit...@abwesend.de wrote:

Isn't that exactly what JPSoftware did with 4DOS?
And speaking of it, 4DOS isn't free - it is specifically restricted to FreeDOS, which makes it non-free.

Which is basically nonsense because the person that released the software specifically states that, "I don't have any problems with people using it on those OS's (although I'd be surprised if there was a lot of MS-DOS or PC-DOS action left). That license was written by the FreeDOS people . it was probably worded that way because it's impossible to list every possible variation of the DOS OS's."

g.

Agreed. So this makes it implicit that you can use 4DOS on any other DOS (or DOS emulator/environment) you like. Still, the license is what probably holds in court. Not that anyone would be intrerested....

Cheers,
A.