Hi, Robert,

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 9:19 AM, Robert Riebisch <r...@bttr-software.de> wrote:

>>> Jack does update drivers because he is a perfectionist,
>>
>> What good is a perfect painting if no one will see it? Why bake a
>> gourmet meal and then throw it away?
>
> Maybe he's working on it for his own joy?

He doesn't know the meaning of joy.

Re-reading some of his old posts on BTTR from 2007 shows a *very*
angry person, and he has not improved since then. Thankfully, he went
away from there so we've had some good years without his drama.

>> I don't know, but I tried. I really tried to solve the situation. I
>> know you think I'm being rude or pedantic, rehashing it over and over
>> again, but he never goes away! He keeps saying he will, but he never
>> does! Seriously, I'm not going to apologize to him when I did
>> *nothing* to him! It's not like I'm asking *him* to grovel to us, but
>> he needs to be honest (with himself and others)! Honesty is a virtue.
>> Tell the truth, Jack! Stop portraying everyone else as an enemy when
>> nobody did anything to you!
>
> Why do you waste so much energy in trying to understand Jack?

He directly blames me for this fiasco (although it's clear he has
issues with many others).

It's also worse than that because he keeps constantly following us
around, re-announcing his "new" drivers, but he never admits his
mistakes! He keeps saying he'll go away, but he never does. It's not
like I'm pestering him!

It's not even open source, not even freeware, we can't even
redistribute it, and *then* he adds (yet another) OEM ban in the
software itself? Crazy! And he *still* wants attention.

> You (or any other soul) probably never will, but does it *really* (!) matter?

I can't fully understand him, no, but I have a good idea. Granted, he
could be full of it and carrying a hidden agenda, but the truth is
probably just mental illness. I tried to piece together the facts,
just to demonstrate to others exactly why this is so irrational.

Does it really matter? No, we don't need his drivers. I've half-joked
"just use GNU/Linux [+ DOSEMU2 + FreeDOS]!!" because that works as
well as isn't exactly weak or expensive or uncommon or non-free.

> Rug, just be a gentleman and *respect* (= accept) his decisions, because
> anything else will not lead to a healthy mind.

Respect his decisions?? It's not like he's a kind and rational person.
He doesn't have good reasons for his anger or his actions. All of his
anger is irrational nonsense, and we don't deserve a lick of it. He
gets nothing practical out of all of this drama, and his punishments
are for imaginary crimes.

He is not doing anyone any favors, it's all out of spite. Which is
ridiculous when the root cause is all his own fault.

It's *not* personal. He doesn't know me, and I don't know him. We are
perfect strangers. But yes, he does have an axe to grind.

> Do you know this short story?
> "Two Monks and a Woman - a Zen Lesson"

"All I did, was *reaching out my hand for peace* as I have done
*several times* before, but all I get from you [Jack] are *personal
insults*. So don't expect any help from me!" -- Robert Riebisch, 2007

Ten years ago! And we're still dealing with his insanity!