Hi list, forwarding some tech details from Jamie:

I am using a Thick Pad 380Z and the drivers here:

https://thinkpads.com/support/Thinkpad-Drivers/download.lenovo.com/lenovo/content/ddfm/380z.html.

This problem is present even with no special drivers loaded. I have
loaded the audio and video drivers but the don't work properly, the
audio driver says it can't find a .386 file which is present. I think
you have to be running in 386 mode to use a '.386' driver.

When I run Windows in 386 mode, I see the logo for a sec
and then are sent back to the DOS prompt.