Associate Member, Free Software Foundation (#12889)

www.mcmackins.org www.delwink.com
www.eff.org www.gnu.org www.fsf.org

On 2018-07-16 10:28, dmccunney wrote:
On Sun, Jul 15, 2018 at 8:18 AM David McMackins <cont...@mcmackins.org> wrote:

I would like to save my settings for EDIT in such a way that they take
effect everywhere. Seems to me, when I choose to save, it puts a file in
the current directory, and the settings only work when launching from
that directory.

The usual reason to have this behavior is because you want preferences
to be specific to what you are editing.  EDIT is being invoked from
the %PATH%, with the directory you are in presumably where the file
you are editing resides.  Save your preferences, and when you edit the
file again, they will be seen and used by EDIT.  This way, you can
have different preferences for different files you edit.

What EDIT preferences would you want to set globally and have them
always active?
______
Dennis