Hello,

On at 2019-05-05 18:16 +0200, ZB wrote:
> For testing small snippets of ML code "debug" is quite enough. But the
> disadvantage is that when I try to script it ("debug <script.txt") by
> using files like this example:
>
> a 100
> mov ax,10
> [...some other ML code...]
> [...some other ML code...]
> [...some other ML code...]
> [empty line]
> [...more "debug" commands...]
>
> ..it works just fine but it always returns to DOS prompt (I believe it
> always happen when it detects end of "script" file). Yes, I can save the
> snippet as binary this way before it leaves debug, but maybe there's a way
> to stay in debug's "shell"?

I needed something similar in my lDebug symbolic anyway, so I created a
quick patch to add a Y command in my fork of FreeDOS's DEBUG. You give
it a filename (LFN or SFN, use double quote marks if to escape blanks)
and it pushes the file onto an internal stack. The script file should
not include a Q command (since that quits the debugger entirely as it is).

I uploaded a build at https://ulukai.org/ecm/ldebug-64117aa565dd.zip --
The repo is available at
https://bitbucket.org/ecm/ldebug/src/64117aa565dde7183edcbd87f1a8c4896f71814a

Regards,