On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 8:35 AM ZB <zbigniew2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 08:25:43AM -0700, Ben Collver wrote:
>
> > Tcl is a script language originally created by Dr. John Ousterhout, who is
> > currently a Professor of Computer Science at Stanford University.
>
> Thanks!
> I'm actually somewhat amazed, how underestimated TCL/Tk nowadays is

The "killer app" for TCL is Expect, a TCL script from Don Libes at the
US National Bureau of Standards.  Expect permits automated connections
to systems that don't support that out of the box.  I've used TCL and
Expect to automate file transfer between a Solaris host and a NT
Server  machine, to send nightly production reports to a public facing
server where the client could see them.

TCL is also popular among QA Engineers.  It's just the thing for
building test harnesses for running automated tests against code to
insure it behaves as specified.

TCL has been overshadowed by script languages like Java and Python,
but fills a particular niche nicely.

> regards,
> Zbigniew
______