On 11/24/2019 1:44 PM, Dale E Sterner wrote:
Why would Freedos be using a chkdsk that doesn't
work on fat32?

Because nobody has bothered to enable chkdsk to (safely!) work with FAT32 partitions. And that is a much bigger task done properly than just updating a few numbers to run over a larger number of sectors.

But feel free to provide that update to chkdsk to properly handle FAT32, there will likely be a lot of users that would appreciate it... :P

An that doesn't explain lchk's report
on line 16. I'm starting to wonder if freedos runs on
fat32 but doesn't support it -that seems strange
if its true.
That file you wanted so badly is c:\tcl86r2\clock.tcl
and its 152K not 1.5meg as I reported to you.

There should be plenty of editors that can handle a 150KB text file. Not near any of my FreeDOS PCs right now, but the DFlat based editor should be able to handle that, at least that used to be one of the points to use a 32bit development environment for it in the first place...

Ralf