My reply is at the bottom.  Please put your reply there too.
On Mon, 9 Dec 2019, Jim Hall wrote:
We are still moving toward the FreeDOS 1.3 release.

FreeDOS 1.3 Release Candidate 2 is now available for download. Please help
us test this new version!

A big feature in FreeDOS 1.3 will be booting into a LiveCD version of
FreeDOS. You can test this by downloading FD13-LiveCD.zip, which contains
FD13LIVE.ISO.

About the LiveCD, from the readme:
      This media is similar to the LegacyCD. However instead of
      relying on the BIOS floppy disk emulation, it uses SYSLINUX and
      MEMDISK to boot an emulated floppy disk. Along side support to
      perform a Plain and Full installation FreeDOS, this media is
      also able to run FreeDOS live from RAM or CD (depending on
      computer system and hardware) without installation to an
      internal hard disk drive.

You can also download FreeDOS 1.3 RC2 in "Full" and "Lite" versions, and a
"Legacy" CDROM version that is set up to let the CDROM boot on older
hardware.

Most users should try the LiveCD version.

You can download the new FreeDOS 1.3 RC2 from the FreeDOS file archive at
ibiblio:

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/distributions/1.3/p
reviews/1.3-rc2/

Thanks to Jerome for doing the hard work on the LiveCD!
Jim

Could we get Frotz 2.50 in there? http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/distributions/1.2/repos/pkg-html/frotz.html still lists version 2.43, which has a several memory allocation problems that were fixed in 2.50. It's available as an executable in
http://ifarchive.org/if-archive/infocom/interpreters/frotz/frotz250.zip

--
David Griffith
d...@661.org