Doesn't work in Windows XP without Iomegaware... how about freedos?

As freedos is not designed to support USB, USB floppy will not work.

Short of getting the source code to the AMI Bios on my EVOC SBC, I'm not going
to make a real floppy controller work...

What are the implications of creating a TSR to implement USB 1.1 on
compatability?

Will the old guest program work with the Atapi Zip drive?

Pretty clear on old hardware that it is getting hard to get media for disk
drives. Most 1.44m floppies are new old stock.
If you can't use a modern pc, because it's too different, you cannot use the
flash drives that have replaced floppies.

I propose an optional USB driver in Freedos. Start with 1.1, move to 2.0, add
3.0, and then add 3.1. With full usb support,
any old computer that has USB will work with flash drives obviating the need
for floppies on real hardware. Floppies have gone
away for the most part. Zip 750 was too little too late. Another thing, I don't
know how reliable old zip drives are including the
last ones made. I don't know how long there will be support for zip drives,
even the end of life higher capacity units.