On Mar 27 2020 23:02, Jim Hall wrote:
> Yes, the 4DOS license was my mistake and I feel really bad about it.

Don't. IMO it's an okay license. And I am forever greatful for it,
otherwise we might have never gotten the 4DOS sources like we did.

My astonishment is that something exclusively free to FreeDOS being
excluded from FreeDOS due to exactly this exclusiveness. In plain words:
4DOS is intended for use with FreeDOS, free of charge, to the users of
FreeDOS. Excluding it from a FreeDOS distribution is, in my eyes, a
mistake. It's not like this should ever be a default selection, but it
should remain an option in the installer. An optional package to include
or exclude, depending on the users choice.

Also, I suggest to apply the latest patches available for it, so it
would be 4DOS 8.00 as with the patches by Luchezar Georgiev. If someone
was to take over where he left of, that would also be great. An option
for the installer could be to either install 4DOS 7.50 by JPSoft or 4DOS
8.00 with the patches from Luchezar Georgiev.

I'd like to emphasize that this is merely my reaction to and because I
just found out that 4DOS (any version) wasn't going to be included in
the FreeDOS 1.3 distribution, which I think would be a mistake, IMHO.

A.